Take your career to new depths and put your skills to work in a one-of-a-kind setting by becoming a part of the premiere aquarium showcasing the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean Sea. The Texas State Aquarium provides high quality, entertaining programming through education, conservation, and wildlife rehabilitation. We strive to provide our guests with an exciting, educational, and memorable experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limed to:
- Review accounting and attendance data for errors and discrepancies and make corrections as needed.
- Keep daily and/or monthly accounts of reports, receipts, and financial records.
- Balance daily mail log receipts and prepare reports and deposits.
- Maintain all general ledger records and storage.
- Perform month-end closing and reporting.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and make payroll tax deposits.
- Prepare and file quarterly and annual payroll tax returns (941, W-2, etc.)
- Prepare and file sales and use tax and mixed beverage sales tax reports monthly.
- Perform bank reconciliations monthly.
- Disburse payments from, and keep records on, petty cash fund.
- Serve as a backup cash room clerk and accounts payable processing as needed.
- Serve as a resource for payroll and accounting related inquires.
- Assist with monthly financial statements preparation.
- Assist with year-end entries and audit documentation.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is required with one to two years of related experience and/or training.
- An equivalent combination of education or experience may also meet the required qualifications.
- This position offers an attractive benefits/vacation package including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan with a 100% match of the first 5% contributed.