Take your career to new depths and put your skills to work in a one of a kind setting by becoming a part of the premiere aquarium showcasing the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean Sea. The Texas State Aquarium provides high quality, entertaining programming through education, conservation, and wildlife rehabilitation. We strive to provide our guests with an exciting, educational, and memorable experience.
- Ensures areas of animal diet preparation and storage, including freezers and refrigerators, are clean and functioning according to TSA / AZA / USDA / OSHA standards.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of utensils and equipment in the areas of responsibility; orders additional food preparation supplies as needed within the given budget.
- Procures animal diet components from approved vendors, using best practices to minimize associated costs and food waste while assuring appropriate quality control measures are followed.
- Preparation of animal diets according to the established procedures for the Animal Care departments.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; one to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.