The Associate Director of Education (ADE) is responsible for assisting the Director of Education in all facets of the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium’s educational mission. The Associate Director of Education also has a major role in the development and management of all LLPA education programs, and staff. The ADE regularly communicates with the Director of Education for strategic planning and training needs to ensure team success in fulfilling the mission, values and goals for the both the Living Planet Aquarium and the Education Department as a whole.
- Bachelor of Science required. Master degree a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in team management.
- Understanding of conservation behavior change messaging and best practices (experience in audience/visitor research is a plus).
- 5+ years’ experience in informal science education, thematic interpretation, STEM programming, education program design, implementation and evaluation.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong time management, and multitasking.
- Solid computer software/multimedia skills.
- NAI or similar certification preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and accountability of the Education Team including professional staff development and implementation of high-quality training and evaluation programs.
- Display an outstanding work ethic.
- Model excellence in presentation skills.
- Provide support for Education team managers, assistant managers, and educators.
- Monitor effectiveness of education programs by conducting comprehensive reviews and identifying continuous improvement opportunities based on best practices.
- Assist to develop, and oversee the publishing of educational materials (e.g., Teacher Guides, Visitor Guides, and Educational Brochures)
- Collaborate and work closely with other departments as assigned for project development.
- Organize and take direct supervision over some education programming to ensure a balance of operations and effective communication for an overall quality of experience.
- Assist with seasonal and annual reports for all education department grants/partnership.
- Attend professional development opportunities to improve education department capabilities (out of state travel may be required).
- Direct managers and assistant managers within the education department on the development, coordination, supervision, and execution of all education programs.
- Participate in fundraising, public relations and the promotion of the organization as needed.
- Collaborate with organizations outside of LLPA to create partnerships and expand program opportunities.
- Represent and promote the Aquarium’s Education department and its programs, as needed, to include establishing working relationships with Legislators and other business leaders outside the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Education.
The Living Planet Aquarium is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or military status. The Living Planet Aquarium is committed to ensuring individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process. Should you require accommodations, please contact email@example.com.
Depending on the volume of interests and submissions, we will only be contacting applicants who meet all of the minimum requirements listed in the job posting. Only those applicants who align most closely with our minimum and preferred qualifications will be contacted for an interview. Loveland Living Planet Aquarium will retain your application materials for one year and may contact you regarding future opportunities.
Apply via the following link: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/LOV1003LOVE/JobBoard/7e157ff7-c269-41d4-8df6-d1b79c519d18/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=30d764a1-8dff-4c14-bc0d-e48147af735b