The A/V Technician is responsible for operating, maintaining, and repairing equipment used to enhance the guest experience. This relates to a/v technology, to include microphones, large displays, projectors and screens, lighting, digital signage, speakers, amplifiers, audio/video switchers, sound mixing equipment, control systems, video conferencing, various cable terminations and cable management systems. Technicians may track inventory of equipment and order supplies.
- Strong candidates should have experience installing audio visual solutions with diverse products in a commercial business environment.
- The A/V Technician must have strong communication, motivation, follow-up documentation, organization, prioritization, and customer service skills.
- The candidate must have a can-do attitude, a strong work ethic and the ability to build relationships with team members and guests with varying personalities.
Essential Duties and Qualities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Install AV systems according to systems documentation and industry standards and best practices.
- Carry-out project-specific work according to plans
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of systems installations
- Provide feedback to management and co-workers in order to improve system implementations, and day-to-day workflow.
- Complete and document service tickets as needed
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Ability to read and understand project drawings and schematics, and operation manuals
- The ability to understand and demonstrate knowledge of commercial construction practices
- Above-average knowledge of and experience with the installation of AV systems and equipment including front/rear projection, flat-panel displays, control systems, A/V signal routing and processing equipment
- Ability to test equipment racks and cabinets
- Ability to hang projectors, display panels, and related AV equipment
- Demonstrate effective communication skills using tact and courtesy along with the ability to handle pressure sensitive situations
- Ability to operate and use lifts, scaffolding, hand tools, power tools, and diagnostic test equipment properly and safely
- Demonstrated ability to work without direct supervision
- Basic knowledge of network connectivity
- Good interpersonal and time management skills
- Must be detailed oriented, with the ability to multitask and handle deadlines and tight timeframes
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Five years experience in the AV field
- Working knowledge of Mac and Microsoft systems
- Crestron, Medialon, Nware, Pharos, Vista programming experience preferred but not mandatory
- Industry Certifications: Certifications such as CTS, Crestron, Extron, QSC, esc is desired, but not a requirement for this position.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- I commit to the Georgia Aquarium, Inc. the following:
- Georgia Aquarium is a nonprofit committed to inspiring awareness and preservation of our ocean and aquatic animals worldwide.
- To be the Premier Aquarium in the World for Science, Entertainment, Education and Conservation.
- Integrity, Innovation, Leadership, Teamwork, Respect, Excellence, Appreciation & Inclusion