The A/V Technician is responsible for operating, maintaining, and repairing equipment used to enhance the guest experience. This relates to a/v technology, to include microphones, large displays, projectors and screens, lighting, digital signage, speakers, amplifiers, audio/video switchers, sound mixing equipment, control systems, video conferencing, various cable terminations and cable management systems. Technicians may track inventory of equipment and order supplies.
Strong candidates should have experience installing audio visual solutions with diverse products in a commercial business environment. The A/V Technician must have strong communication, motivation, follow-up documentation, organization, prioritization, and customer service skills. The candidate must have a can-do attitude, a strong work ethic and the ability to build relationships with team members and guests with varying personalities.
Essential Duties and Qualities:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Install AV systems according to systems documentation and industry standards and best practices.
- Carry-out project-specific work according to plans
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of systems installations
- Provide feedback to management and co-workers in order to improve system implementations, and day-to-day workflow.
- Complete and document service tickets as needed
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Ability to read and understand project drawings and schematics, and operation manuals
- The ability to understand and demonstrate knowledge of commercial construction practices
- Above-average knowledge of and experience with the installation of AV systems and equipment including front/rear projection, flat-panel displays, control systems, A/V signal routing and processing equipment
- Ability to test equipment racks and cabinets
- Ability to hang projectors, display panels, and related AV equipment
- Demonstrate effective communication skills using tact and courtesy along with the ability to handle pressure sensitive situations
- Ability to operate and use lifts, scaffolding, hand tools, power tools, and diagnostic test equipment properly and safely
- Demonstrated ability to work without direct supervision
- Basic knowledge of network connectivity
- Good interpersonal and time management skills
- Must be detailed oriented, with the ability to multitask and handle deadlines and tight timeframes
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Five years experience in the AV field
- Working knowledge of Mac and Microsoft systems
- Crestron, Medialon, Nware, Pharos, Vista programming experience preferred but not mandatory
- Industry Certifications: Certifications such as CTS, Crestron, Extron, QSC, esc is desired, but not a requirement for this position.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
I commit to the Georgia Aquarium, Inc. the following:
- Mission: Georgia Aquarium is a nonprofit committed to inspiring awareness and preservation of our ocean and aquatic animals worldwide.
- Vision: To be the Premier Aquarium in the World for Science, Entertainment, Education and Conservation.
- Values: Integrity, Innovation, Leadership, Teamwork, Respect, Excellence, Appreciation & Inclusion