The Aquarium protects, enhances and restores natural resources through education and engagement, habitat restoration, animal rescue and sustainable business practices, with its conservation work guided by three overarching goals—to combat climate change, save wildlife and habitats, and stop plastic pollution.
Facilities Technician- Electrician
- The National Aquarium is seeking a passionate Facilities Technician-Electrician to join our team.
- This role will help keep all buildings, equipment, and grounds well-maintained, clean, and working in a first-class manner.
- They will also support the Life Support (LS) Department by performing daily inspections of all LS water transfer equipment.
- Additionally, this role assess, repairs, replaces, rebuilds and maintains all equipment as necessary.
- Advanced electrical experience preferred.
- Full knowledge and experience of journeyed trade including electrical,
- plumbing, mechanical, carpentry, and/or pump system trades
- Complete work-orders in a proactive and customer-oriented manner
- Responsible for work in all Aquarium buildings and grounds in all Baltimore locations
- Good working knowledge non-journeyed trades including areas such as Ozone, life support systems, pumps, motors, controls, etc.
- Learn and master critical skills in other journeyed trades to ensure complete cross-training within Facilities team to ensure work orders can be completed by any Facilities team member when required
- Maintain all facilities systems to operate consistently and reliably
- Maintain Life Support & general building pumping systems
- Troubleshoot and solve problems
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs such as Windows Office
- Ability to be flexible and work on unrelated problems and projects within one day
- Communicate regularly with staff in other departments, in particular the status of work orders, changes, complications, completions and resolutions
- Interact with the Life Support Team on a daily basis to insure equipment reliability
- Coordination of work between facilities and other departments, such as Life Support, to minimize disruptions to the daily business and visitors
- Ability to complete work and projects in a timely fashion and within the set schedule
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as scheduled
- Adheres to all organizational and departmental policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned or required
- High School Education, or equivalent Must be able to work with minimal supervision Must have a minimum of 6 years in the specified trade of which at least 1 year was at the Journeyman level. Completion of a recognized apprenticeship program and Journeyman certificate preferred.
- The specified trades of interest include but are not limited to Electrical, Plumbing, Pumps, Mechanical, and Carpentry Safety and CPR Training The National Aquarium is committed to diversity and invites individuals who bring a diversity of culture, experience and ideas to apply.
- 401(K) match and More!