The Facilities Technician II plays a crucial role in attaining the goal of a “World Class Aquarium”. This is a full-time position with some experience preferred. The Loveland Living Planet Aquarium needs to be attractive, well maintained and fully functional for all guests to enjoy. This position is responsible for assisting with general building maintenance for the facility, including maintaining, repairing and servicing the front of the house, common areas, exhibits, and back of the house areas for the benefit of all occupants and or guests.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Two plus years of general construction and/or facilities maintenance experience
- Trade Certificates or relevant post-secondary degree or coursework, preferred but not required
- Must have a moderate skill level with the ability to use good judgment and prioritize his/her workload
- Must be familiar in a multitude of areas including mechanical, automotive, plumbing, irrigation systems, patch and paint, etc.
- Must be able to complete tasks independently with no supervision with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve most issues that arise is required
- Must be able to build and/or fabricate to desired specifications following written, drawn, or verbal instructions
- Must demonstrate a mechanical aptitude with equipment necessary to maintain and repair exhibits and maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Technician must possess the strength and endurance to perform physical demands of essential job functions with or without accommodation
- Must possess a high-energy work ethic, attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with maintenance of the facility, including building, vehicles/equipment and grounds
- Assist with landscaping and snow removal
- Assist with exhibit installation and other general maintenance
- Assist with drywall and/or painting needs
- Assist with general carpentry needs
- Ability to understand instructions and concepts in 3-D in order to help in the construction of projects
- Adhere to all safety protocols
- Other duties as assigned
The Living Planet Aquarium is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or military status. The Living Planet Aquarium is committed to ensuring individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process. Should you require accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Depending on the volume of interests and submissions, we will only be contacting applicants who meet all of the minimum requirements listed in the job posting. Only those applicants who align most closely with our minimum and preferred qualifications will be contacted for an interview. Loveland Living Planet Aquarium will retain your application materials for one year and may contact you regarding future opportunities.