The Guest Services Associate serves as a first point of contact for Mote Aquarium guests. This position is responsible for a variety of guest service operations including daily ticketing and memberships, warmly greeting and assisting guests, and operating specialty stations such as Virtual Reality and Fossil Creek. The Guest Services Associate will interact with guests and provide exceptional customer service with the goal of exceeding guest expectations for their visit.
- Greet every guest in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Provide a great aquarium experience by assisting guests with any questions or concerns and providing direction as it relates to any aquarium programs
- Work with the point of sale system to accurately conduct transactions using cash, credit cards, checks, coupons, and vouchers
- Sell Aquarium memberships and educate guests on opportunities for ticket transfers, renewals, and upgrades, in alignment with membership goals
- Provide excellent customer service through knowledge of all Aquarium experiences, offerings and basic operations
- Operate the Virtual Reality station by conducting transactions to sell rides, teaching guests how to safely operate equipment, and troubleshooting any program issues
- Operate the Fossil Creek area by giving guests directions on sifting for the fossils, identifying fossils, selling fish food for the freshwater ponds, stocking materials and preparing sand drying areas
- Control guest entry by adhering to ticket times, directing guests to the appropriate line, and answering all questions relating to their ticket options
- Provide event staffing for all Aquarium special events, including some late nights and weekends
- Maintain a clean and orderly work space
- Perform assigned opening and closing duties of all buildings
- Put safety of guests, employees, interns and volunteers as a top priority
- Assist customers that may have experienced injury, sickness, lost child, etc. according to the associated Mote protocols
- Routinely practice safety drills (fire, lost child, animal escape, severe weather, etc.) in accordance with the Aquarium’s drill schedule
- Normal working hours are 8:30 am to 5 pm, with a half hour unpaid break for lunch. Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
- The ideal team member will be energetic, outgoing, and patient with a desire to provide a positive and memorable experience for each Aquarium visitor.
- The ideal candidate is a team player able to perform additional functions as assigned.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential for this role. Minimum Experience:
- High school diploma
- Basic computer skills
- Must interact courteously and tactfully with public, staff, and volunteers
- Able to work independently or as a team
- Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work outside in all Florida weather conditions
- Ability to lift and carry 25 Ibs occasionally
- Previous cash handling and guest service experience preferred