We are seeking a dynamic Animal Keeper to join our Life Sciences team. Animal Keepers at Wonders of Wildlife work with their leads and curatorial staff to ensure we are giving our animals top notch care. Keepers make sure our mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and insects have great medical care, proper diets, and clean exhibit spaces. Keepers create animal training plans and enrichment items to keep our animals engaged and interactive. We are looking for passionate individuals who enjoy working with a variety of animals and want to continue to learn about providing world class care to our animals.
About Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium
- Johnny Morris' Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium consists of a 1.5-million-gallon Aquarium Adventure showcasing 35,000 animals and our immersive Wildlife Galleries sharing the story of America's most significant conservationists throughout history and today.
- In 2022, Wonders of Wildlife became accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA). Accreditation signifies our exemplary standards for animal welfare, scientific education, and staff training. Created by noted conservationist and Bass Pro Shops founder/CEO Johnny Morris, the 350,000-square-foot experience celebrates people who hunt, fish, and act as stewards of the land and water.
- Located next to Bass Pro Shops National Headquarters in Springfield, Missouri the campus is a centerpiece of America's Conservation Capital in Missouri's Ozark Mountains. Wonders of Wildlife has been voted "Best New Attraction in America" and "America's Best Aquarium" by the readers of USA TODAY. For more information, visit www.wondersofwildlife.org.
A day in the life of a Keeper
- Animal Keepers get to start their days checking on their animals and planning out their daily tasks.
- They are responsible for daily husbandry of their animals and keep records on animal behavior, diet, and overall health.
- Keepers help train and coordinate volunteers and interns and work alongside them to take care of our animals.
- There are weekly vet rounds for our keepers and vet staff to talk through each animal's health and routines.
- When working front of house, there are often times when a guest or other team members will ask questions about our animals.
- Keepers get to share information on the animals and help others learn about our amazing facility and programs.
- Keepers work with their team to make sure every animal is cared for, has a clean exhibit, and receives the proper training.
- Keeper 2 staff additionally participate in internal animal care committees and are encouraged to be active members of professional associations like AZA, AAZK, and more.
- They are also able to mentor Keeper 1 staff, volunteers, and interns.
Are you ready to join our team?
- We have a very quick and easy application process.
- If you feel that you would be right for our Animal Keeper position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application.
- We look forward to meeting you!
- Zip Code: 65807
- Full Time employees receive Store/Attraction employee discounts,
- Dental, LTD, 401(k),
- Company Paid Life Insurance and STD,
- and Paid Time Off.