The Part-time Security Officer, Safety & Security shall be responsible for the implementation of security policies and procedures of the department under the direction of the Manager of Safety & Security. Duties include but are not limited to patrolling the parking deck, interior/exterior, and dock areas of the facility, securing all staff and guest entry/exit points, completing written incident reports and departmental documents, and responding to emergency and/or non-emergency situations.
- Complete shift assignments as required in accordance with established policies/procedures.
- Patrol of facility, locking/unlocking doors as needed, being aware of suspicious activity.
- Complete written incident reports and departmental documents.
- Perform crowd management.
- Perform physical security, crime prevention and safety inspections.
- Operating all security devices.
- Respond to Safety & Security related situations.
- Investigate complaints or calls for service.
- Provide safety escorts.
- Serve as a point of information to the public.
- To perform other duties as workload necessitates.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Superior customer service/ relations experience as well as an approachable demeanor required.
- Previous 3 years experience in a security related field preferred.
- Valid Georgia Driver's License
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks in a fast-paced, busy environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Previous experience writing routine reports and correspondence.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products.
Safety & Security
All Team Members are required to adhere to all Georgia Aquarium safety and security standards.
Attendance & Appearance
To maximize the guest’s experience, all Team Members are required to adhere to Georgia Aquarium standard operating procedures regarding attendance and dress code policies as it relates to individual job functionality.
Sales & Guest Services
Our forward-thinking business model requires listening and understanding the needs of our guests both internal and external. To that end, we must always be focused on the guest experience which is the key driver for return guest visitation and increased sales.
All Team Members are focused on supporting each other in an effort to complete the guest experience. Therefore, supporting, facilitating, and participating in activities that promote team effectiveness is vital to our organization.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
I commit to the Georgia Aquarium, Inc. the following:
Vision: To be the Premier Aquarium in the World for Science, Entertainment, Education and Conservation.
Mission: Georgia Aquarium is a nonprofit committed to inspiring awareness and preservation of our ocean and aquatic animals worldwide.
Values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Innovation, Leadership, Excellence, Appreciation & Inclusion