Primary Purpose of the Position:
Have you ever wondered what it might be like to work at an Aquarium? The North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island is seeking an experienced individual to manage and direct the Aquarium's facility rentals and special events. Serving as the Special Events Coordinator this position will be responsible for coordinating and conducting a year-round schedule of events, both on and off-site, and rentals for the Aquarium facility. A/V use, table set-up, staging and other elements of events will be performed and managed by the Special Events Coordinator. These activities will promote the Aquarium, increase attendance, and generate revenue. The Aquarium lends itself to outside rental opportunities; this position will market, promote, and schedule these activities. This position commands excellent communication skills, public relations, and event management experience.
- Works cohesively with all departments within the Aquarium and manages all designated after business hour events.
- Directs the collection of fiscal data including rental and event revenue, program participation and client evaluation.
- Interpret Aquarium exhibits to rental clients.
- Inform and recommend a budget for positions, programming, marketing, equipment, and materials and to reflect Aquarium contributions to DNCR environmental education initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
To receive credit for your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information omitted from the application form, listed under the text resume section, or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit.
In order to qualify for this position you must meet ALL the following KSA's listed below, qualified candidates must have:
- Experience in planning and scheduling events with emphasis in working with weddings and corporate rentals including working with associated vendors.
- Knowledge of best practices for marketing rentals and events.
- Experience with sales and budgeting.
- Supervisory experience.
- Evening and weekend work is required.
- The ability to work seamlessly and cohesively in a team environment.
- Experience in customer service.
- Experience Required
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements Bachelor's degree from appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience related to the area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.