The Staff Accountant will work with the Assistant Controller and Director of Accounting in meeting the Finance department's objective of maintaining the official accounting records of the New England Aquarium in accordance with GAAP and internally established policies and procedures.
- This is a full-time regular position offering a comprehensive benefits package.
- The schedule will be Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm with the option for a hybrid schedule, working some days on-site and some days remotely.
- Remote days are only available for residents of MA, RI, NH, ME, NY and VT.
- to capture revenue activity processed through the ATMS ticketing system.
- Prepares monthly journal entries and market value along with investment rollforward for monthly close.
- Prepares monthly entries to accrue various recurring and non-recurring expenses. Ensures that accruals properly rollforward from month to month as needed.
- Reconciles the operating bank statement monthly before the end of the following month.
- Processes daily all AP electronic payments and records and reconciles into MIP accounts payable.
- , and AD-HOC reports as assigned by the Controller and Assistant controller.
- Prepares the journal entry and reconciliation on prepaid other expenses.
- Serves as backup for Sr. Staff Account when out; includes daily cash flow and projection, uploading the 403B files after payroll, and other duties as assigned.
- Performs balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintains all organizational reports in accounting software, ensuring dates & filters are accurate.
- Acts as back up for cash room staff onsite as needed.
- Minimum Training and Experience
- Requires a bachelor's degree and 1 year of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or mathematics is preferred.
- 1 year of experience working with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and knowledge of statutory required.
- 1 year of experience working with Microsoft Office applications, advanced Excel skills, and experience with GL and AP accounting
- Experience with MIP accounting software a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to meet deadlines.
- For more information and to apply online please visit: http://neaq.applicantpro.com/jobs/
- New England Aquarium is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer as defined by the EEOC.
- Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion.
- We strive to engage and inspire a broad audience with our efforts to protect the blue planet, and we believe a diverse workforce provides experiences, skills, and perspectives that enrich our programs, strengthen problem-solving, add creativity, and enhance our work environment.