The Systems Analyst advances the New England Aquarium's mission and goals by delivering, supporting, and providing end-user training for enterprise on-premises and cloud applications. This position ensures these applications are used efficiently, effectively and securely to fulfill business objectives. Primary functions include administration of the organization's POS system, ATMS, as well as supporting other enterprise applications. This includes administering and troubleshooting applications, documenting business processes, creating standard operating procedures, training staff, researching, testing, and installing upgrades. This position will work with internal stakeholders and external vendors to define functional requirements for future enhancements or customizations. This position will report to the Associate Vice President of Information Technology and collaborate with other IT Department staff to ensure operational uptime, security, maintenance, governance, and efficient use of IT resources.
This is a full-time regular position offering a comprehensive benefits package. The schedule will be Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm with the option for a hybrid schedule, working some days on-site and some days remotely. Remote days are only available for residents of MA, RI, NH, ME, NY and VT.
- Serves as primary system administrator and product owner of Vantix ATMS (POS) application.
- Administration of system includes management of accounts, permissions, pricing, reporting APIs upgrades, documentation training, and troubleshooting.
- Maintain relationships with Vantix (ATMS vendor) to support the product, implement enhancements and manage feature upgrade projects.
- Work with internal departments to troubleshoot issues
- Work with external partners that use APIs to connect to the system.
- Analyze data and generate necessary reports and dashboards for stakeholders.
- Create and maintain documentation, knowledge bases, and training materials.
- Train new staff that use the system.
- Administration, support, and configuration of other enterprise applications systems (such as Office 365, AD Self-Service Plus, Raiser's Edge, Sage MIP, etc.) as needed.
- Collaborate in the research, planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Support staff to use data analytics tools such as PowerBI.
- As needed work with the IT Department and external vendors in securing IT infrastructure, including on-premises and cloud applications.
- Manage IT projects as needed and be part of organization project teams and working groups furthering IT initiatives.
- Create documentation including training materials for stakeholders as well as internal IT procedures.
Minimum Training and Experience
- Requires BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field, five years working in information technology with two years of experience supporting enterprise applications.
- Two years of hands-on experience in process automation, business process analysis, best practice approach, technology efficiency, and effectiveness.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience administering database and on-premises as well as cloud applications.
- Experience troubleshooting applications and the ability to provide technical end-user support
- Experience with Office 365 and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience training staff to use IT resources and creating relevant documentation/materials
- Project management experience
- Experience managing vendor relationships.
- Smartsheet or other project management application experience.
- Data analysis skills to be able to troubleshoot issues as well as identify trends and provide actionable business intelligence.
- General knowledge of Windows servers, SQL, networking, systems, and applications used by non-profit organizations.
- Experience with POS applications and CRM platform(s) a plus
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Occasional evening or weekend work, as well as on-call availability to address major incident support activities.
New England Aquarium is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer as defined by the EEOC. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. We strive to engage and inspire a broad audience with our efforts to protect the blue planet, and we believe a diverse workforce provides experiences, skills, and perspectives that enrich our programs, strengthen problem-solving, add creativity, and enhance our work environment.